To become a member of the Co-operative Schools Network is actually a very simple process.
Firstly, your school be clearly committed to the co-operative values and principles
as the core of your school ethos and it should be possible to show this in your everyday practice as an education provider. CSNET works with schools across a wide spectrum of legal models and structures, but all schools in the family share those values, which gives us common purpose and a shared vision of mutual support and self improvement.
Why Join CSNET?
As the name suggests, CSNET is a project which was set up so that we could work with and alongside like-minded people to develop a network of co-operative education providers.
We have come a long way since the concept of CSNET was developed in a meeting of minds between Mark Merrywest, East of England co-ordinator and Jon O'Connor, LASER (London & South East) co-ordinator.
Our strength lies in our co-operative values and the willingness of our members to share good practice for the strength and benefit of the whole group. Our small central team is boosted by a growing number of partners and highly experienced associates: all of them are committed to the highest possible standards for public service education. Our work involves co-ordinating and disseminating good practice amongst our members and facilitating support for this between different regions wherever possible, as well as providing advice and guidance on local and national issues.
If this approach to education is something you would be interested in learning more about, contact us or ask for more information about membership. We'd be glad to hear from you.
- Membership is based on the calendar year, from January 1st to December 31st
- We are happy to offer a sensible discount for schools joining in the Autumn period
- Our 2016 rates are as follows:
- Primary schools, secondary and special schools with up to 300 pupils: £300
- Primary schools and special schools with more than 300 pupils: £500
- Secondary schools with more than 300 pupils: £1000
- Membership provides a number of benefits
- phone and email professional support line
- access to the network membership for professional enquiries
- one free place at our annual conference
- discount access to education events and resources
- a menu of CSNET Expert professional services at member discount rates
- a menu of CSNET Partner professional and practical services